The First Biennial Conference of the Global Discourse Society & The International Academic Symposium Call for Papers
In order to promote the theoretical innovation and construction of the newly developed interdisciplinary subject -- discourseology, strengthen the research and construction of both national and international discourse system, further the integration and communication between interrelated subjects such as, linguistics, communications, journalism, rhetoric, etc., enhance international academic communication and cooperation and prosper the academic culture of our country, the First Biennial Conference of the Global Discourse Society & The International Academic Symposium is scheduled to be held in Hubei University of Technology in the autumn of 2016. The information of the conference is as follows:
I. Name of the Conference: The First Biennial Conference of the Global Discourse Society & The International Academic Symposium
II. Sponsors: The Global Discourse Society, The Global Rhetoric Society
III. Organizers: School of Foreign Languages, Hubei University of Technology; Hubei University of Automotive Technology, Shiyan city, Hubei.
IV. Co-organizers: International Society of Language Communication,Visual Communication Association, Media Civilization Research Association, International Society for Comparative Rhetoric, The International Society for Rhetoric and Communication Studies, etc.
V. Date: September 22th to 25th, 2016( Registration on September 22th , departure on September 25th )
VI.Themes of the Conference: “Construction of global discourse system: strategic countermeasures for global cultural communication and integration”, Sub- themes are as the following:
1. Studies on global discourse system: 1). Theoretical and practical studies of global discourse linguistics; 2). Studies on global strategic pattern and global discourse order; 3). Studies on oriental and western discourse system; 4). Studies on global and national discourse competence construction; 5). Studies on discourse system in areas of Eastern Asia, Asia-Pacific, Europe and America, Africa etc.; 6). Studies on ecological civilization discourse, cross-cultural discourse and global cultural discourse power;7).Studies on international comparative discourse linguistics.
2. Studies on construction of national discourse system: 1). Studies on national discourse system in global context and strategies of national communication system; 2). Studies on national discourse power, national discourse competence and national culture soft power; 3). Studies on public policy and construction of public discourse system; 4), Studies on global communication of state and national culture; 5). Studies on national narration and national value Transmission; 6). Studies on discourse competence of head of the state, government officials, media and national; 7). Studies on theories and methods of international Chinese and Foreign language teaching; 8). Studies on brand communications and public relations.
3. Studies on specific domain and professional discourse: 1). Studies on classical Chinese harmonious thought transmission and diplomatic discourse strategies for peaceful development; 2). Studies on media discourse: digital media discourse and traditional media discourse; 3). Real and virtual discourse studies, governmental and nongovernmental discourse studies, academic and administrative discourse studies, historical and modern discourse studies; 4). Verbal and visual transmission; 5). Studies on brand transmission strategies with public and international relations; 6). Studies on specific domain discourses such as, politics, economy, military, diplomacy, culture, literature and religion etc.
4. Studies on global rhetoric: 1). Theoretical and practical studies of global rhetoric; 2). Studies on comparative and cognitive rhetoric; 3). Studies on national
rhetoric and national rhetoric competence; 4). Studies on female discourse and female rhetoric; 5). Studies on ecological translation and cross-cultural rhetoric; 6). Studies on rhetoric education and rhetoric teaching methods; 7). Studies on interdisciplinary subjects such as, discourse, language, transmission and rhetoric, etc.
5. Studies on media civilization and discourse civilization: 1). Studies on legal media discourse and media discourse order; 2). Studies on media literacy and media cognition; 3). Studies on media discourse ethic.
VII. Forms of the conference: plenary lectures, Seminars, panel discussions
Conference languages: Chinese, English, etc.
VIII. Dates for Submitting Abstracts and Full-text Papers:
The dead-line for abstracts in Chinese or English (about 300 words) is December 30th, 2015. The dead-line for full-text papers is June 30, 2016. Please send your files to email@example.com before this date. Please indicate the email subject with “The First Biennial Conference of the Global Discourse Society”. The abstract acceptance notification will be sent to you before January 15th, 2016. Due to the limited meeting places, please confirm your attendance before submitting the application. The conference do not accept any papers that are already published or published through the Internet in advance.
The global rhetoric society and its branches have signed the collective Protocol with CNKI, which has database and information publishing platform specialized for the global rhetoric society and its branches. All the conference papers including abstracts will be collected in CNKI conference papers database. This is an electronic publishing form which is free of charge and without affecting the authors’ any other forms of publication. Besides, the society will select some papers to include in the society proceedings International Rhetoric Studies paper edition. Those who accept this invitation and participate in this conference are tacitly consent to the agreement above and the society will not make any further notification.
IX. The registration fee: The registration is 1000 RMB/person (Graduate students and retired scholars can halve the cost). The membership registration fee is 800 RMB. The accommodation fee and the allowance for this business trip will be on participants or be reimbursed by participants’ organizations. Accommodation will be reserved by the organizing committee. The participation fee, accommodation fee and the allowance for this business trip will be on participants or be reimbursed by participants’ organizations. There’s no arrangement for station picking-up and seeing-off sections in this conference. In case of special circumstances, please inform the organizing committee in advance.
X. Contact information
The secretariat of the Global Rhetoric Society: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Li Chanjuan (Hubei University of Technology) : email@example.com,
XI. Other related issues: Other items about the symposium will be issued in the formal notice. More information will be on webpage of the Global Rhetoric Society: http://www.worldrhetoric.com.
Warmly welcome researchers’ gracious contributions and active involvements in the field of discourse linguistics, rhetoric, linguistics, communications, journalism and other related subjects.
School of Foreign Languages, Hubei University of Technology
Hubei University of Automotive Technology
The Global Discourse Society
The Global Rhetoric Society